Master 乔瓦尼 - Gio
6th Generation Poon Lineage through Sifu Poon Wai Sanchez
Master Gio is a sixth generation descendant of the Choy Lee Fut style founder, Great Grand Master Chang Heung. He started his training in traditional Kung Fu back in 1983 while living in Bolivia, in 1989 he moved to Brazil, where he continued his training Brazil under Sifu Poon Wai Sanches, who was a disciple of the prestigious Grand Master Poon Shing in Hong Kong. Between 1991 to 1996, Master Antonietta dedicated to teaching martial art in Rio de Janeiro, forming the first competitive team of Choy Lee Fut from the Poon stream.
During this period he developed the Scientific Martial Training under the tutelage of his Sifu Poon Wai Sanches. In 1997 Master Gio moved to San Diego California, and then Aventura, Florida in 2000.
Following the code of conduct of Kung Fu schools and after approval of Sifu Poon Wai Sanches, in 2002 he continuous his training of Choy Lee Fut under the tutelage of Sifu Li Sui Hung in Florida. Having the opportunity of traveling around Asia for business purposes, in 2007 he was accepted to continuous his martial career in Hong Kong under the supervision of the renowned Great Grand Master Poon Shing, who pass away in 2015.
- Member of the Poon Shing Gymnasium Federation, Hong Kong
- Certified Instructor of the Nan Tien Man Poon Shing International Choy Lee Fut Association
- Member of the Chan Hueng Kung Fu Association, Hong Kong.
- Member and Head Referee of Brazilian Kung Fu Federation.
- Member of the Florida Boxing Association
- Weapons, Hand Forms Champion - Brazil
- Pan-American Championship- Open Tournament, USA
- Weapons and Hand Forms Champion in USA Kung Fu tournaments (San Diego, Dallas, Houston, Miami)
- Sanshao Fighting Championship
- Sanshao Instructor
- Tai Chi Instructor
Sifu Gio also held a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, diverse certification in Project Management, Power Generation, and Renewable Energy. His analytical skills, allow him to establish the correct sequence of routines, the right amount of repetition and adjust the proper motions during training. Poses Knowledge of International Relations and is Fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese